Commissioning is about making an idea a reality. Whether it is a beautiful gift you have in mind, something to help mark a special occasion or remember a loved one by. An heirloom that can be passed down the generations or a box to house and protect a precious object.
You might have a clear idea of what you are wanting or you may need some help to solve a problem or draw out ideas.
To help start the process of commissioning boxes the more information you can give about your ideas the quicker we can get to making it a reality.
Some ideas of questions to ask yourself:
- Is this item for a particular occasion or to house a particular object?
- What is this box going to be used for?
- What size might this box need be?
- Do you have an idea of the type of wood you might want used? Or a tone of wood in mind?
- Have you seen anything similar in my gallery?
- Do you have a date in mind which you hope to have this box by?
Once we have come up with a design, a price and made sure we are both happy to go ahead. I would usually ask for about a third of the value as a deposit. The rest of the payment would be asked for at the end of the project with the occasional exception for larger pieces.
Finished boxes can be arranged to collect in person or I can courier them to you (the cost of this will be worked out at the end of the project).
If you would like to enquire about a commission please feel free to contact me.